Friday, February 13, 2009

Well...

it's been awfully quiet around here. Hubby is home between jobs for a bit. It could last until the season officially starts - or he could be called in come this next Monday. Who knows. In the mean time, we're working on getting the house set up a little more productively for us. Cleaning out the basement - it's the only place any of us have for storage for either apt. in the house. We had the Total Gym down there - but once the boxes and totes started piling up it was more of a work out to get to it.
So, now the table is back in the kitchen, and the total gym is in the living room. It's not exactly a decorator move, but sometimes functional ability has to take precedence. We can fold it up in the event we host a dinner or something. In time, I'd like to get a decorative screen that can "hide" it in it's corner. In the mean time - at least it's accessible for us to use it.
We're also going to be building the platform for the washer and dryer down stairs. Steve has put together my laundry tower, and we'll have to get some more hose to vent the dryer from it's new place to be. Again, we're just trying to create some workable space down there. Canning season is going to be upon us sooner than we think - and the last thing we want is to be sticking jars of preserved food in wherever we can find a spot until...later. Esp. since by then, hubby will be in full swing of his working season - and he is NOT going to be wanting to come home to more projects.

I have no pictures to post of our progress...oh, how I wish I did though. I've lent my camera out, and don't expect to get it back until tomorrow. I hope I get it back tomorrow. I think I'm addicted to my camera.
That's about it for now. Nothing particularly exciting going on here. Just waiting out the weather, dreaming of our first garden season here. Other than that. Much to do about nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment