Tuesday, February 3, 2009

~Keeping Focus~

This morning, as I gathered up our newspapers to pack up to bring to my sister for work I seperated the coupons from this past Sunday's edition and came across the JoAnn's Fabric Store flyer. I shouldn't have opened it - but I did. Not only are they having a sale on Butterick patterns, but they have the cutest flannel on sale as well. Flannel I would love to make pjs for the family with...but, that's just not where I'm at right now. So, I had to talk myself down from a serious case of the "I wants" to move on with my day. There is no way I'm going to clutter up the space I've just created with more stuff I don't have time to get to just yet. It will only be upsetting to me later when I'm having to work around it doing what I need to be doing at this time. So, I had to let it go. They'll have another sale, and I don't doubt they will always have at least one fabric for me to love.
Black thread - that's all I need at the moment. To hem a pair of pants for a friend. I decided that since today is Tuesday - and that is the day that I can get a haircut for just $9 where I like to go - I would go out to the mall. See a few people I haven't seen in a while. Bring my sister lunch, which is another thing you can always do with your left overs - bless someone else with them ;-). There was just enough chili and rice left to make a good lunch for my sister. I also met the new store manager, she seems very nice. I bought my thread, got my hair cut - and my eyebrows waxed for what it would cost me for just a hair cut say...tomorrow. My sister showed me the new yarns they got in stock - and I was so good - I left it all there. With the gardening season coming upon us, there is no way I'll have time to be crocheting for a while. I'm struggeling to finish the messanger bag for Sammy - and all I have to do is put it together, and make the closing flap for the top - and attatch it...No, no more projects for me at the moment.
Right now, the soup is on the stove. The bread is rising. I'm getting ready to make some cookies for Steve to bring to work tomorrow. Oh, and I'll have to get to them pants so Steve can meet my friend on his break tomorrow. He's working very near where we used to live - and it will be easier for her to get them there from him than to come all the way out here to get them...but part of me wants to hold them hostage for another visit. But I won't. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment