Thursday, January 29, 2009

~Still Organizing~

We're still organizing the house to make things a little more productive here. We had another power outage - fortunately we had the candle chandelier and sconces hung up this time - so it was easy to get the house lit up enough where we could relax some. My BIL had stopped by, because he was driving home (he and sis live only 4 blocks away) and he noticed the power was out at our end - he wanted to make sure we were all OK. He stayed long enough to have a beer with DH and get us updated on what's going on over their way...Of course my sister keeps me updated - but he's putting forth an effort to be sociable, so I didn't say so.
I can't wait for garage sale season to hit - almost as much as gardening! We really need to scale down our furnishings. Everything we have seems so blocky here - and there is no continuity to anything. It makes it hard to be very comfortable. Even when it's immaculate - it feels...off.
We're still working on stocking the pantry and freezers - well, actually the freezers are full right now. We even purchased my first set of canning jars (for jelly), and a box of pectin to be prepared for the first jelly of the year - Dandelion Jelly. I'm going to be purchasing at least one case of jars each week in preperation of our garden harvest. We're also going to order a pressure canner so I am going to need a LOT of jars. One thing at a time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment