Monday, January 12, 2009

~ Just another day ~

Today was pretty much a quiet day. We rearranged the living room and the kitchen some. We now have the kitchen table in the living room, so at least we have enough space for us all to sit and eat together. That's a plus. I've really missed that. We took the hutch from the living room and put it in the kitchen. I'm really not sure how I feel about that just yet. It's going to take some getting used to I guess.
I started working on a crochet project yesterday. Once I set up DH and my brother for an afternoon of football - it seemed like a good way to pass the day. I'm making her a messenger bag for to hold her sketch book and pencils. I'll post pictures of it when it's finished. I'm not using a pattern - so it should be interesting to see how it turns out.
Tomorrow is going to be our sewing day. We'll start working on the window quilts. No doubt having the computer near the living room window will be extra encouragment to get that project finished. The first time I sat down here - I swear I felt a breeze! In fact, I had to caulk the window frame there was such a gap at the bottom it's no wonder we were always cold sitting on the couch when it was along that wall! Now that the couch has been moved - it's obvious. I know with the economy the way it is a lot of what we hope to get done in the way of renovations may have to be put on hold - I really hope replacing the windows isn't one of them!
Oh yeah, we'll be sewing tomorrow. In fact, I'm going to start the cutting tonight. It's COLD over here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment